Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February is for "lovers"

Is it just me or did January seem like one of the longest months EVER?

Well, February is here now and I am excited. One of my favorite holidays is soon approaching: Valentine's Day! I know most people groan when they here this holiday is coming. I, for one, have always loved this holiday. The reason? I don't look at it as being just about boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife relationships. I look at it as a way to show everyone in your life just how special they are and how much they mean to you. Growing up, my parents always gave us Valentine's gifts and we were encouraged to give special notes/mementos to others. They don't have to be extravagant or even expensive. Just something to show that person that you are grateful to have them in your life.

I know that we can and are supposed to do that every day, but it is nice to have a day to serve as a reminder :).

In other February news...

We are off to North Carolina this weekend. I am really excited to have a nice getaway with Joe. It will be a quick trip, up early Saturday morning and back late Sunday evening, but I know Joe is excited to finally be cheering on his Tarheels in their arena. I can't wait to share this experience with him and become a Tarheel fan for a day.



Love,

JoAnna

No comments: