It has come to my attention that I need a hobby. A creative outlet. Stress relief really. Not that I am too stressed or anything, I just want something to do while at home trying not to think about work (I think about work way to much).
My inspiration for this came from Joseph's development of his hobby, photography. He got a new camera for his b-day (a BIG THANK you to his family and mine for pitching in and helping so we could get it for him). He loves it/is mildly obsessed with it. And is pretty good if I do say so myself. I may be biased though. He was able to play around with it yesterday by taking some Easter pics of Breanna for Jon and Shelly. They turned out really good. I will post some as soon as I learn how to.
So, what should my hobby be? I love painting, but in a small apartment I don't really have the space nor want to take the risk of staining the carpets with paint. I would love to paint every wall we have in this place. Joseph is in for some fun times when we do finally buy a house and I can do whatever I want to the walls (he hates painting, hehe). I have never been a fan of gardening. So that's out. Or cooking. Not that I don't like cooking, I am just not a chef per se. I can follow recipes and what I make tastes good but I don't have a passion to experiment and make my own concoctions. Maybe writing should be my hobby. There are several times where I am like "oh I should blog about that!" but then a little voice inside me says "does anyone really want to read about that?" I guess I'll never know until I try...maybe I won't even know then. That's the nice/scary thing about blogging. It can be anonymous. I have found myself reading post after post of some stranger and then thinking "I wonder if this person thought about all of the strangers who are reading this? Would they care?" Then again, blogs can be made private if they cared that strangers were reading them. But I am rambling now... I think the goal for these next few months will be for me to re-develop a hobby (or hobbies) again.
Event planning has always been my number one favorite pasttime. Which is both awesome and kind of strange that I get paid to do it right now. But I think I need to expand this into helping plan events for worthy causes. I would love to get more involved with my church and plan some of those events. The problem is that it is such a BIG church and hard to know where to turn to when you want to help. That shouldn't be my excuse though. I need to seek out ways to use my God given desire to help others.
Well if you've made it this far through my rambling, thank you! I need to think about starting dinner now. And begin "Operation Hobby". Where are my paintbrushes? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment