Sunday, February 21, 2010

February Review

Well February is almost over and I am sitting here wondering where the month went. It's so funny to me how we can sometimes get caught up in the day-to-day grind and we can look back and a whole month is gone without really knowing how it happened. February has brought some more health issues for both sides of our families. Randy was back in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs and my mom suffered a small set back but I am happy to report that both are doing much better now. I am really praying that we will have a break from the major stuff for awhile. I am finally feeling 100% again. This winter has been the absolute worst for me in terms of getting sick. Everyone at work calls me the "sick one" now-which is pretty annoying but I guess it has been true for the past few months.

My brother began his 15 month deployment this month. Jennipher is staying behind in NC to finish school. I can't imagine how hard it must be for the two of them to be away from each other for so long. Military life is definitely very stressful and trying. I am so proud of them for being able to be so strong. Skype and video chatting is one of the best inventions ever because without that I think a lot of families would have an even more difficult time with deployments. She will graduate from PA school in December so my mom and I are trying to see if we can fly back there for her ceremony.

Joe and I have both started working out again. I have begun a 5k training program which is actually pretty easy to stick to and kind of fun. I am not a real fan of running in general but this program breaks it up so it's not so bad. I haven't signed up for an actual run yet but it is my hope to soon. I know a 5k isn't that hard/far but I think I will feel accomplished after I have finished it.

We have been blessed with gorgeous weather the past few days in Oregon. This has made me really ready for summer to get here. We have begun looking at plane tickets for a trip back to GA in July and trying to determine when the best time to go would be. Alaska airlines is running a special promotion for OR/WA residents so it is my hope that we can accumulate enough miles in the next couple of months to pay for our flights completely (which would be so nice!).

Work is still going great. I am very busy with all of our shows but it's fun to see our events come together and all of the hard work pay off. Looking ahead at April is stressing me out a bit. We have three major events all within a week of each other and I am not sure how they will all turn out. I am praying that I can be very productive this next month and keep on top of my schedule so that everything will fall into place.

This past month we were also able to catch up with some friends of ours and their adorable little kids. Deyna and Ryan welcomed little Jace and Sophia into the world just before Christmas. These two babies are so adorable and we were so excited to get to see them for a bit this month. Deyna and Ryan are great parents and I love hanging out with their wonderful family. We were also able to catch up with Scott and his son Gavin, who is now almost two years old! Joe and I looked after Gavin at a bball game and he was so sweet and well-behaved. It was so fun playing with him and I nice to catch up with everyone.

I think that's all of the updates I have for now...

Love,

JoAnna

No comments: