Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Life Update

Well, I haven't exactly kept up to date with this now have I? Here is yet another attempt at blogging on a consistent basis....

Here is a quick and, somewhat, brief update of what has been going on in our lives for the last few months.

I'm sure all of you know that Joe recently made the big move to Georgia. It was quite the trip. We loaded up our old station wagon with everything that would fit (which was, surprisingly, a lot) and headed out. The trip took us a total of 5 days and that was with a several detours for sight seeing. Here are a few pics from the trip:



We have many, many more. I may post them later. The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and there were only a few days where the heat was unbearable (buying a car with no air conditioning was a BAD idea). We arrived in Georgia, after spending the day in Chattanooga, on our one year anniversary. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done packing up and leaving my family and friends. I am so grateful that I had Joe there to be there for me.

Just one short month after arriving, my 25th birthday was here. Joe surprised me with a trip to Savannah for the weekend. It was a wonderful trip and we will definitely be returning. I loved the beach there and the water was so warm! Here is a pic of us getting ready for my birthday dinner:


And one of the beautiful flowers my parents sent me 25 PINK roses, my favorite color:



Fast forward two months. We are now in a new place of our own and both have great jobs. We have both been very blessed to be able to get the jobs we have. I work from home and Joe is close by so we are able to eat lunch together just about everyday, which is nice.

It is still taking me a bit to get adjusted here. It is a strange feeling when you are surrounded by people and none of them knew you 5 years ago. But I am fortunate to have great in-laws and they help out a lot in cheering me up. I have also been lucky to be able to see my parents and Jenn in September when we all met up in N.C. for my Dad's competition. I am so proud of him, he placed 4th in the nation! Here is a pic of my parents on the first day of competition:

Now I am counting down the days until Christmas, our trip to N.C., and my return to Oregon. Joe and I have already begun planning our meals there. We need to get our Northwest cuisine fix!

No comments: