Monday, August 10, 2009

Update

We will have been married one month tomorrow. I know that doesn't sound very long but it has gone by so fast! We are finally all settled in. Moving my stuff in and combining everything was a chore but I LOVE our apartment and I think we have created a nice home for us. I'm still not done decorating (I probably never will be though) but I absolutely love coming home. I really want to paint but since I don't know how long we will be here, I don't want to take that on and then have to paint over it in a few months. It's really funny how little quirks come out when you live with a person. I have found out that Joe "loves to go with the flow" more, where I MUST have a plan (or plans. haha). It has taken a lot of communication but I wouldn't change it for anything. Joe and I are so lucky to have what we have and we try to never take it for granted.

With August comes...FOOTBALL. I have to be honest, I'm totally missing athletics right now. There is just something so wonderful in the chaos of planning and executing a football game. It's so stressful and exhilarating at the same time. This will be the first year in three years that I am not working in athletics during football season. I think Joseph thinks I am crazy for missing it. I just love watching sports live and there is no better place than the sideline. So, needless to say, we will be going to A LOT of games and watching a lot of ESPN :) I definitely don't miss all of the weekends being consumed by it though. I totally feel for all of my friends still in athletics, but I know they love it because they are just as crazy as I am.

We spent this last weekend doing housework (and building an armoire from Ikea, a LOT harder than it looks) and we were able to skype for Sophia's bday. It was so nice to be able to see her eat her cake. This coming weekend one of my friends from middle school (wow, that makes me feel old), Rachel is getting married. It's on the coast so we get to make a weekend trip out of it. I can't wait! I think that is all of my random updates for now. Here are some pics of the apartment:
Our chalkboard greeting! I haven't erased it since we came back from the HM. hahaOur living and dining room. I love our couch! It's so comfy. Thank you Craigslist!Our kitchen. Joe slaving away cooking dinner.I love our comforter set!!!

Goodnight!
Love,
JoAnna

No comments: