Monday, November 2, 2009

Life, as we know it

It's been awhile since I have blogged so I thought I would give everyone an update. Here is what has been going on in our lives the past month or so :)

Joe was able to start a new job in early October! Yay!!! It's not his dream job but it definitely has helped him to be able to get out of the house. I am so proud of him in getting the job and taking it even if it's not what he ultimately wants to be doing. His hours are opposite of mine, so we are learning to manage the different schedules. We hope to buy a car for him soon so we don't have to play the car jockey game any more. It's really weird being at home without him now because I got used to him being here when I got off work, but a little alone time never hurt anyone :) My job is in the height of the busy season now. I was in Seattle last week for a conference, and that was a whirlwind trip! We drove up Tuesday morning and back down Thursday night. It's nice that I get to go to some of the events but I definitely would not want to travel all of the time, it was really weird sleeping alone. Although, I did get all of the covers that way. haha!

These past two weeks we have had both my dad and sister in the hospital. My dad was having chest pains and with his history of heart problems, they admitted him for a couple of days and ran a bunch of tests. Then, my sister was in the hospital this last week with H1N1 and pneumonia. I felt so bad for her because Breanna couldn't be there with her so she was missing her a bunch, on top of being really sick. But, it looks like they are both getting better now and I hope that the hospital visits will be over for a loooong time :)

We are getting more involved in our church now too. We joined a small group of "newlyweds" (the longest couple has been married for 5 years) without kids. It has been so amazing hanging out with all of them and being able to connect with them and share our experiences. We were able to celebrate Halloween with them and had a great time! Joe's costume was the talk of the party (I'll post pics later, they are a bit scandalous!) We were also able to celebrate my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday out a Pumpkin Ridge. It was so nice to see all of the family and old pictures of everyone. All I can say is that when we have been married for 50 years, I want Lamb's to make us another delicious cake. I'm obsessed with it! haha.

With halloween over, I cannot help but think of the upcoming holidays. I am SO excited to be celebrating our first Christmas as husband and wife and to begin making our traditions. I bought my first Christmas present and I have begun the hunt for our stockings and decorations. Joe rolls his eyes at me because he thinks it's too early, but I say it's never too early!! I am also excited we get to go back to Georgia to see his family. It will be so nice to see everyone and just relax with them for a few days. I wish so badly that GA and OR were closer so we would be able to see everyone more often. This will be my first Christmas away from my family so I am not sure how it will feel, but at least we are going to other family so I won't be lonely.

Well, I better go. Have to go pick up Joe from the J-O-B. I'll post pictures soon!

Love,

JoAnna

No comments: