With Thanksgiving come and gone, it is officially the holiday season. I absolutely love the holidays and all of the traditions that go along with it. Joe and I have already decorated our apartment for Christmas and we have a really good start on our gift shopping. We were able to get our tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I know, it's a little early to put up a live tree but since we are going to be gone for 10 days right at Christmas I wanted to enjoy it for as long as possible. This December seems busier than usual. With almost every weekend filled with family and friend events, I know it will fly by. With each day that goes by, we get more excited to see Joseph's family. I am still not sure how it's going to feel this year not being home for Christmas, but I know that we will have a great time and I am happy that we are able to go back and see them. We are celebrating with my family on the 20th so it will be nice to have two Christmases this year :)
Not many of you know this, but this time of year is very special for Joe and I. It was around this time that Joe and I first realized we had feelings for each other. We had been hanging out for a long time as just friends but through a lot of talking and sharing we were beginning to discover that we had a TON in common and that there could be something more there. Then, of course, he left to go home for 2 weeks! It was a looong two weeks, and a very expensive phone bill! Let's just say that after that, I signed up for unlimited text messages! I'll never forget our first Christmas presents to each other. Whenever Joe and I hung out, the Colbie Callait song "Bubbly" came on (literally, every time in the car!!) so I bought him the Colbie Callait cd and I knew one of his favorite bands was Third Day and that he loved Christmas music (ok, he doesn't really but I thought he'd like this particular cd) so I also bought him that cd as well. He probably thought that it was a lame gift but he seemed excited about it at the time. Since he didn't have a car, I'd routinely take him home after work or after a bunch of us were hanging out, so he bought me...a gas gift card. I thought it was sweet, but we still laugh about it today. Haha! I love that we started out as friends and got to know each other before we began dating. It made it so much easier to relate and there was never any awkward dating moments.
Now that we are married, it's nice to look back on how it all began and know that with every day that passes we are growing together and more in love. Although, I knew I loved him the moment we started dating :) This year is our first Christmas as a married couple and I can't wait to start our own traditions and memories.
Hope you are doing well and taking time out this holiday season to enjoy the ones you love and who love you.
Love,
JoAnna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
19 more days!!!! I can't wait for you guys to be here!!! And I love reading the blogs!!! Everytime I read it my heart smiles! I love you both and can't wait to see yall for a week and a half!!
Post a Comment