Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shortly after my last post, we had a crazy couple of weeks. Joseph's dad went into the hospital complaining of chest pains and ended up having an emergency triple bypass surgery. The doctor said that he was lucky to even be alive when he checked in. So, needless to say we made an unexpected trip to Georgia to be there for everything. The surgery went well but the recovery was very rough for Randy so he had to spend an extra amount of time in the ICU. It was a very hard couple of weeks but I am so glad that we were able to be out there. Thank you to Saraa, John and Bob who helped us with flights!! We couldn't have done it without you. Today, I am happy to report that Randy is doing much better. God is so good! Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It was so nice to know that Randy was being lifted up all across the country!

We flew home, had a nice Christmas with my family and our first Christmas together and then hopped back on a plane to Georgia. Talk about a whirlwind! We spent a nice week back there and were back in Oregon after the new year. It was so nice to see everyone and get to spend some extra time in Georgia.

Now, we are back to the daily grind. Joe is beginning his training for the legal side of his work. He seems to enjoy it and I'm sure it's better than calling people all day long. I am getting into show season so work is getting busier by the day. It's nice to be busy but I am already looking forward to our next vacation. :) I am also getting the itch to decorate our place some more. I keep staring at the blank walls and thinking about all of the things that I could put on them. Joe did help me by hanging some art for me but I really want to paint!! I know it doesn't make sense to paint an apartment because we will just have to re-paint it when we move but I would love to add some color to these white walls! We also have to buckle down and get our photo book ordered from our wedding. I can't believe that we have been married for 6 months already! It seems like just yesterday we were newly engaged.

Okay, that's all the random updates I have for now. Tomorrow is Friday! Woohoo!

Love,

JoAnna

1 comment:

Holly S said...

Glad to hear your father-in-law is doing better!